2.01.2008

feathers and bones

this is a work look, a mix of purple and yellow that because they're complementary (thanks prof. chu) really show off each other. it's not always easy trying to find colours that go with my purple jeans. this yellow shirt is one of those graphic ones that have become really popular over the past year or two. the ed hardy, affliction, sinful type shirts aren't usually my style but i loved the native american vibe this one had with the feathers and dreamcatcher elements. these shirts always get a reaction too and they don't need a lot of accessorizing. i did take inspiration from desperately seeking susan and do layered bracelets though. i mixed stones, rubber bracelets, my boyfriend cuff and a fabric chain to get that messy madonna look. i made the fabric chain a few years back in my aunt's sewing room in portugal. she makes aprons and housecoats and always has fabric scraps laying around. so this bracelet always reminds me of being with my family there.top: sinful
jeans: denim of virtue
boots: vintage guess
braclets: value village, diy, and day-lab vintage
earrings: frug

No comments: