7.27.2009

skins, zombies and mutants


  • firstly, how stunning is kaya in the july uk instyle? the shoes in the second picture are unreal. i love the cut out details. i can't wait to see more of her in the fourth season of skins, which has just started shooting. 
  • i've been a little behind on commenting lately. i'm blaming it all on good books and a need to dvd. all i want to do is laze my days away in a good story whether on my laptop or on some pages. following as many blogs as i do it can easily take me hours to read and comment on them all, not to mention work on my own posts. i just rather spend those hours reading pride and prejudice and zombies, which i finished last night. i loved the spin on what is probably my favourite book. it made the story a little more modern. even though it's still set in late18/early 19th century england, lizzie bennet is a shaolin trained zombie killer and thus a lot more forthright when it comes to talk of sex, death and mayhem. it's funny, entertaining, has great illustrations and the zombies blend perfectly in with the well loved austin verse. so, if you love jane austin you should def. pick it up and while you're at it track down the bbc mini series, lost in austin, so good.

  • finally, on my dvd list: gilmore girls season two, the entire original x-man cartoon series, into the wild, the messengers (♥ kirsten), pride and prejudice, twin peaks s.1 and 2., jurassic park, overboard and tru blood season 1 if it is ever in at queen video (it's always rented.

7 comments:

CAMILLE said...

love the last shot. is that the girl from gossip girl..it looks like it.

stephanie said...

omgod that editorial with Kaya is phenomenally stunning wow!!!


speaking of reading, i have been diving into some effortless summer novels as of the weekend. i find working as a writer, gives me less patience and time for reading, but i go through these phases of non stop reading and i'll read three books at once and then put them all down, unfinished, and pick one or two back up a few months later, save for a few amazing ones ie: the Kite Runner and a thousand spendid suns...i could NOT put those down for the life of me! I read a l o t last summer. Currently trying to finish the Wintour unothorized bio- Front Row- not to mention track down the sold out GORGEOUS hard cover copy (prob. gonna do an amazon order when i get back from my vaca and also order the Chanel coffee table book at the same time) as well as Candace bushnell's Trading Up and Brideshead Revisited.....


This one you just read sounds great. i have yet to read an austin novel, need to! some English major, i am lol!


xx

MDSTYLING said...

I love the InStyle shoot! She wears amazing heels <3

Daniella said...

great shots!! i love into the wild, and jurassic park haha!!
xx

Unknown said...

Nice pictures! Really like that Gucci bag on the first one:) And I know what you mean about keeping up with all the blogs. Im a blogaddict myself hehe... But sometimes u need to take a break from it. And btw, a new movie I can recomend, Sunshine Cleaning. It was kind of bittersweet, which I liked. Worth watching!

Lainey said...

Wow! These are stunning shots! I love the way the whole editorial is styled! Gorgeous!

Kate. said...

I love this. Kaya looks beautiful.